Oxpeckers Investigative Environmental Journalism is Africa’s first journalistic investigation unit focusing on environmental issues. The unit combines traditional investigative reporting with data analysis and geo-mapping tools to expose eco-offences in southern Africa.
Oxpeckers is a non-profit company that aims to improve the quality and impact of African environmental journalism, by:
- Providing a home for investigative journalists interested in environmental issues;
- Hosting geo-narrative platforms that use cutting-edge mapping techniques and forensic data tools to improve reportage;
- Stimulating transnational and transcultural investigative reportage through project or research-based Oxpecker Fellowships;
- Sharing investigative resources / source documents / data, as well as specialist tools and skills through Oxpeckers manuals and workshops;
- Curating specialist environmental reporting and research projects on behalf of media partners;
- Publishing our own exclusive environmental investigations, in both legacy and new media.