Estimated time commitment: 7.5 hours
Certificate of completion: Yes
In conjunction with the Let’s Talk Vaccines course, Internews has launched a separate complementary course called Let’s Talk COVID-19, focusing on the disease caused by the novel coronavirus.
This self-paced course will equip journalists with the knowledge and skills they need to tell COVID-19 stories that are robust, compelling and rich in detail. Learners will have the opportunity to explore the fundamentals of COVID-19 and explore how to connect with their audiences in meaningful ways.
Packed with tips, case studies and quizzes, Let's Talk COVID-19 will help journalists navigate ongoing developments in the pandemic story. This foundation course will focus on the following topics:
- The nature of viruses, zoonoses and the origins of COVID-19;
- The nature of SARS-CoV-2 and its variants;
- The transmission and prevention of SARS-CoV-2;
- How COVID-19 is diagnosed and treated;
- The impact of the COVID-19 pandemic; and
- How COVID-19 numbers are counted and why.
Interested in more health journalism resources like this e-learning course? Become a member of the Internews Health Journalism Network (HJN) to connect with health media professionals around the world, learn new skills and get access to more resources and opportunities. Join the Health Journalism Network.