You need to register an account with us first before applying for this opportunity. After successful registration, please come back to this page and click on Apply Now again
Call for applications available in: Hindi
Internews’ Earth Journalism Network (EJN) invites communicators from India to join a workshop on renewable energy in Lucknow from July 14-16, 2023. Communicators from Uttar Pradesh are especially encouraged to apply.
India has committed to meeting 50% of its energy requirements with renewable energy, reducing its projected carbon emissions by one billion metric tons, and reducing the emissions intensity of its GDP by 45% by 2030.
To improve public awareness of these ambitious energy targets, and the progress made till date in India’s energy planning, EJN has organized a three-day workshop for communicators.The workshop sessions are designed to strengthen the skills of communicators to research and report on renewable energy issues in India.
EJN will facilitate engagement between communicators, researchers, subject experts, policymakers and communities, providing an opportunity to gain knowledge and deepen understanding of the promises and obstacles in the road ahead as India strives to increase the percentage of renewable energy in its total energy mix.
The workshop will be held in Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh from July 14-16, 2023.
- Applications are open to communicators based in India from print, online, radio and television outlets. Preference will be given to applicants from Uttar Pradesh.
- The organizers will cover the cost of travel, accommodation and meals of selected participants.
- The workshop will include a field trip to a location with a renewable energy facility.
- We especially encourage women and early- and mid-career professionals to apply.
- Commit to attending all days of the workshop.
- Have some experience reporting on scientific and/or environmental topics.
- Understand and be able to communicate in English.
- Demonstrate interest in renewable energy issues.
- Permit republication by the organizers of any output as a result of participation in the workshop.
How to Apply
- Click the 'Apply now' button at the top of the page.
- If you have an existing account, you'll need to be logged in to apply. Since we recently updated our website, you might have to reset your password by clicking the “Forgot password?” link in the log in page. If you don’t have an account, you must register by clicking “Log in” on the top right of the page and click the “Sign up” link at the bottom of the page that opens. Click here for detailed instructions on how to create an account, and here for detailed instructions on how to reset your password.
- If you start the application and want to come back and complete it later, you can click 'Save Draft.' To return to the draft, you'll need to go back to the opportunity and click 'Apply now' again to finalize the application.
- Staffers must provide a letter from their supervisor approving their attendance at the workshop.
- Applicants must submit two published samples or links to work that has appeared online. Work related to renewable energy issues are preferred.
If you encounter difficulties with submitting your application or have questions, please email [email protected]. Do not contact any other Internews email regarding this opportunity, as we will not receive it.
Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
Banner image: Solar panels in Sidhauli, near Lucknow / Credit: Sudhir Mishra.