**Deadline for applications is FEBRUARY 17, 2019 at 5pm BST. For inquiries, please contact [email protected]**
The Earth Journalism Network's Bay of Bengal Project focuses on boosting climate justice and adaptation in the areas along the bay. Working in partnership with the Climate Justice Resilience Fund, we support journalists, educators and civil society actors to produce and distribute accurate, actionable information to vulnerable coastal communities.
EJN’s next workshop will focus on climate change in the Bay of Bengal region, with a focus on how at-risk communities, especially women and youth who live along the coast, are responding to environmental pressures.
The workshop is designed as an opportunity for journalists to interact with climate experts and to participate in a field trip that will enable them to report on these issues. It will help enhance their understanding of climate-related challenges and improve the quantity and quality of information available to them.
- The workshop will be held in Barguna, Bangladesh from February 26 – 28, 2019.
- All sessions will be conducted in English
- EJN will cover the costs of travel, accommodation and meals for participants.
- Print, digital, radio and television journalists are all encouraged to apply. We also highly encourage applications from women journalists, journalists under 30 and those from indigenous or other minority groups.
PREREQUISITES FOR APPLICANTS
Selected participants must:
- Commit to attend all days of the workshop.
- Previous experience reporting on scientific and/or environmental topics is not necessary but is an added advantage.
- Be able to understand and communicate in English.
- We do not require participants to publish stories as a result of attending the workshop. However, if you do produce stories you must be willing to post copies of them on EJN’s website and alert your editor(s) that EJN will be republishing your reporting in full.
- Submit a letter from your editor or media outlet supporting your application. Freelancers are welcome to apply but must have a letter of support from a media organization that will publish or broadcast your stories.
- You must submit two samples of stories or links to relevant reports. You’ll be asked to upload these once you start the application process so please get them ready beforehand.
- The website will inform you that your application has been submitted. You will not receive email confirmation.
- Applications submitted after the deadline time and date below will not be considered.
- For inquiries, please contact info.[email protected]
DEADLINE: FEBRUARY 17, 2019 AT 5PM BST