Call for Applications
Internews’ Earth Journalism Network (EJN) invites journalists to apply for a media workshop on climate change justice and resilience around the Bay of Bengal, with a special focus on women and youth.
The workshop will be held in Kakinada, Andhra Pradesh, India, from March 12-13, 2020. It is open to journalists from around India, with a preference for those whose media houses have a significant footprint in the Bay of Bengal region.
The workshop will help journalists secure deep insights about the challenges climate change inflicts on coasts and coastal communities by allowing them to interact with experts and participate in a field trip that will enable them to report firsthand on how affected coastal communities are responding to these challenges.
This type of on-the-ground experience is aimed at enhancing journalists’ understanding of the issues and granting them greater access to sources and information around climate justice and resilience for improved coverage.
EJN will bear the travel, accommodation and meal costs of selected participants.
Applications are open to journalists from print, digital, radio and television outlets. We also encourage women and early-career journalists to apply.
- Commit to attend all days of the workshop;
- Have experience reporting on scientific and/or environmental topics;
- Understand and be able to communicate in English (workshop sessions will be in English and Telugu);
- Provide a letter from their editor or media outlet supporting their application. Freelancers are welcome but must have a letter of support from a media organization that will publish or broadcast their stories.
- Be willing to post copies of any stories produced for their home media outlets as a result of participating in the workshop on the EJN website.
How to Apply
- You can apply by clicking on Apply Now on the top right of this page.
- You must submit two samples of stories or links to reports related to the environment or climate justice. You’ll be asked to upload these once you start the application process so please have them ready beforehand.
- Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
- For inquires, please contact [email protected]
APPLICATION DEADLINE: February 12, 2020 at 5:00pm IST