India has committed to meeting 50% of its energy requirements with non-fossil fuel energy by installing 450 GW of renewable energy generation capacity by 2030.
To improve public awareness of this ambitious target, the progress made till date and the road ahead, EJN is organizing a three-day workshop for communicators across India. The workshop sessions are designed to strengthen the skills of communicators to research and report on relatively less-discussed renewable energy issues in India, such as biofuels, green hydrogen, energy storage and transmission and distribution.
EJN will facilitate engagement between communicators, researchers, subject experts, policymakers and communities, providing an opportunity to gain knowledge and deepen understanding of the situation.
The workshop will be held in Pune, Maharashtra, from February 9-11, 2024.
- Applications are open to communicators based in India from print, online, radio and television outlets. Preference will be given to applicants from Bihar, Maharashtra, Tamil Nadu and Uttar Pradesh.
- The organizers will cover the cost of travel, accommodation, and meals of selected participants.
- The workshop will include a field trip to a suitable location.
- We especially encourage women and early- and mid-career professionals to apply.
- Commit to attending all days of the workshop.
- Have some experience reporting in one or more of the following areas:
- Energy / Climate
- Understand and be able to communicate in English.
- Demonstrate an interest in renewable energy issues.
- Permit republication by the organizers of any output produced as a result of participation in the workshop.
How to Apply
- Click the 'Apply now' button at the top of the page.
- If you have an existing account, you'll need to be logged in to apply. Since we recently updated our website, you might have to reset your password by clicking the “Forgot password?” link in the log in page. If you don’t have an account, you must register by clicking “Log in” on the top right of the page and click the “Sign up” link at the bottom of the page that opens. Click here for detailed instructions on how to create an account, and here for detailed instructions on how to reset your password.
- If you start the application and want to come back and complete it later, you can click 'Save Draft.' To return to the draft, you'll need to go back to the opportunity and click 'Apply now' again to finalize the application.
- Staffers must provide a letter from their supervisor approving their attendance at the workshop.
- Applicants must submit two published samples or links to work that has appeared online. Work related to renewable energy issues are preferred.
If you encounter difficulties with submitting your application or have questions, please email [email protected]. Do not contact any other Internews email regarding this opportunity, as we will not receive it.
Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
Banner image: Solar power plant in Maharashtra / Credit: Thomas Lloyd Group via Wikimedia Commons.