Various studies reveal that COVID-19 is a zoonotic disease -- one that originated from animals and was passed on to human beings. What has yet to be confirmed is which animal is the source. Already, however, research points to bats, snakes and pangolins as prime suspects.
This is the first of three videos from VERA Files that looks to explain and debunk misinformation about Covid-19 and its links to the environment.
- International Union for Conservation, Pangolin
- Department of Health Official Facebook, Laging Handa Briefing, April 15, 2020
- World Health Organization, Q&A on Coronaviruses (COVID-19), April 18, 2020
- Earth Journalism Network Webinar on Zoonotic Diseases, April 2, 2020
- VERA Files Fact Check: FB posts saying novel coronavirus is from bats bear FALSE HEADLINE, February 12, 2020
- VERA Files Fact Check: Video of bats, snakes, other animals sold at ‘Wuhan’ wet market NOT TRUE; it’s in Indonesia, February 3,
- World Health Organization, Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCov) Situation Report 13, February 2, 2020