Assessing waste management in the time of Covid-1903 September 2020
Where does all our disposable personal protective gear go? How is it being handled and disposed of? Is there an increased risk of the spread of disease if it's not handled properly? What precautions should individuals be taking to minimize the risk?
MindaNews in the Philippines hosted this webinar on medical waste on 24 Aug. 2020 inspired by a special report on how Davao City is managing household PPE waste during COVID-19.
- Engr. Antonietta P. Ebol, Decontamination/WASH Team Leader, Department of Health - Davao Region
- Engr. Myhrra Fair Lianos-Barquilla, Senior Environmental Management Specialist, Environmental management Bureau - Davao Region
- Engr. Neil Anthony Jamili, RAD Green Solutions Corporation
- Chinkie Pelino-Golle, Executive Director, Interfacing Development Intervention for Sustainability
- Moderator: Amalia Cabusao
Banner image: Vehicles belonging to the solid waste management project Bacolod City, Philippines / Credit: Brian Evans via Flickr