The outlook for biodiversity at a global and local level21 October 2020
What Does it Mean for Future Planetary Protection?
In this webinar, we look at the UN Convention on Biological Diversity’s (CBD) latest biodiversity assessment and discuss the transformations needed to protect and secure the benefits this biodiversity provides us.
We also hear how indigenous peoples and local communities are working to support the CBD’s goals, and we'll discuss what all this means for the new global targets governments are set to agree to next year when they meet in China.
- David Ainsworth – Information Officer at the Secretariat of the UN Convention on Biological Diversity
- Eric Dinerstein - Director of Biodiversity and Wildlife Solutions Program at RESOLVE and CEO of [email protected]
- Maurizio Farhan Ferrari -- Senior Policy Adviser on Environmental Governance at the Forest Peoples Programme and co-lead author of Local Biodiversity Outlook
- CBD Global Biodiversity Outlook 5
- Local Biodiversity Outlooks 2, a complement to the fifth edition of the Global Biodiversity Outlook
- Press release about the LBO report
- Research paper by Eric: A “Global Safety Net” to reverse biodiversity loss and stabilize Earth’s climate