Uganda: Investigating wildlife and environmental crime during Covid-1913 November 2020
Join investigative journalists and environmental experts to hear the latest tips and tools reporters in Uganda can use to continue investigating wildlife-related crimes despite the disruptions caused by the Covid-19 pandemic.
We’ll also discuss the latest trends in wildlife crime in Uganda, potential investigations, online tools for investigating wildlife trafficking and environmental degradation, local resources and potential areas for collaboration with reporters around East Africa.
- James Fahn - Executive Director, Internews’ Earth Journalism Network
- Didi Wamukoya - Senior Manager, Wildlife Law Enforcement Species Protection at the African Wildlife Foundation
- Esther Nakazzi - Freelance Science Journalist, Blogger, Internews trainer for South Sudan
- Frederick Mugira - Founder, Water Journalists Africa, and Co-Founder, InfoNile
- Benon Oluka - EJN’s Investigative Editor for East Africa
Banner image: Queen Elizabeth National Park, Uganda / Credit: Francesco Ungaro via Unsplash.