What is the "Global Polycrisis" and How Should Journalists Be Covering It?25 April 2023
Watch EJN's 2023 #EarthDay webinar on the global polycrisis — what does this newly-popular term mean, why is it important for climate and environmental journalism and how can reporters uncover relevant angles and story ideas?
Listen to from experts, glean story ideas and turn this new buzzword into your next story.
- Rachel Kyte — Dean of The Fletcher School at Tufts University and former World Bank special envoy for climate change (email via press contact)
- Aichah Soogree — ecofeminist, communications trainer and coordinating member of the Liminality Network (email)
- Dr. Michael Lawrence — Research Lead of the Polycrisis Project at the Cascade Institute (email)
- James Fahn — Executive Director, Earth Journalism Network
- What is a global polycrisis?
- Tropical Cyclone Freddy may set new record
- Seasonal climate forecast
- Long-range weather and climate
- Famine in Madagascar
- Rice price increasing in Madagascar
- Suicide rate going up
- Land grabbing Australian group in Madagascar
- Is Eastern Africa’s drought the worst in recent history? And are worse yet to come?
- Ayan Mahamoud: “East Africa and the Poly-Crisis” (Ayan Mahamoud leads the socioeconomic, policy, research and marketing department of ICPALD)
Please click on the speakers' names to download their presentations.